1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel unmotivated

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Moonboy93, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Moonboy93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't what to do I don't where to start for my life I feel like my life passed me away

2. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey. I don't know the details of your life or what's happening for you right now but it's not too late. It's never too late and you're still young, people in their 20s are pretty much still kids and people in their 30s are only just properly adulting for the first time. Even people in their 40s, 50s and 60s aren't old. You have decades, years and years of time. Please go easy on yourself, I've felt so similar to you but nothing at all has passed you by yet. You're just getting started.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Moonboy.....Life has certainly not passed by you yet! :old_big_grin: I was out in my early 20's but a tragedy pushed me back in the closet for many years. I finally accepted that I am and always have been gay when I was 64 years old! Life has been so much different and so much better since then. So, I think you have plenty of time to make friends and find the "right" one! :old_smile: Just be patient and get out into the public, meet people, make friends and enjoy yourself! There's a lot out there just waiting for you!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get it dude, there's a lot of reasons why this feeling comes up for me personally. Why don't you tell us what's caused this feeling for you, only if you're comfortable of course. We can tailor our advice for your situation that way and perhaps better asisst you in mitigating that feeling. Regardless of that, you and I both have quite a few years until life actually could have passed us by. You sound like you could be burnt out to me- maybe take a breather and cut yourself some slack if that's true.

5. Moonboy93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm dealing with grief my aunt's passed away march 11th that's will be most heartbreaking things ever happened in my life

6. Moonboy93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks everyone!

7. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so sorry for your loss, losing people you love is a terrible pain. :frowning2:

8. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please post here as much as you need to. Losing somebody is hard for even the most carefree people, so no wonder you're feeling so low and anxious about the future. I hope being on this forum is helping a bit so far, talking things through can definitely help when we're not doing so well.

9. PrettyBoyBlue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @Moonboy93, I'm so sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing.

It's always important to give space for your feelings, let them happen. It's good that you're able to express them and not push them away. I think you should take as much time as you need to feel them. Thank you for sharing them with us, I hope it could help at least a little.

For me, very big life changes.. losses such as that, also put into perspective how special our own life is. I think it's very normal to be thinking about your 'big picture' after a big life event. I've had quite a number of these situations over the last few years that have made me stop and think.

If you're feeling unmotivated then maybe, when the time is right (when you're hopefully feeling a little better), you can start to think about what matters to you in your life, and how you might get there.

I hope you can find the support you need on EC, and I really hope you have someone to talk to IRL when you need to.
    All my best,
    -PBB

Moonboy93 likes this.