1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like the walls are closing in...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Old Soul, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Old Soul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone.

I'm feeling really hopeless right now and I have no idea what to do about it. I'm suffering from severe depression and don't have any health insurance so I don't know where to find affordable medical treatment. I don't have a job right now so I'm stuck at home with my family all day long. I have little to no confidence in being able to find another job let alone one I would actually like. I'll be 27 next Wednesday and I'm beginning to feel like I'll never be able to turn my life around for the better. I don't know what kind of career I want to pursue and basically have no goals or interests right now. I want so badly to escape all of this pain yet I just feel like giving up. I'm full of shame and self-loathing right now. I just want somebody to listen to me and help me out.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, know that you don't need to be feeling alone in going through all this and that what you are feeling right now, will change; when you feel you need to take it really slow, say from one moment to the next, do that.

For your location, you have indicated that you live in Houston; are there some support services such as citizen's counselling - a support service that is staffed by volunteers who are professional counsellors, people with whom you could speak, and who provide the services free of charge or on a sliding scale?

(*hug*)

3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It can be really hard to see the bright side of things or to find happiness in general sometimes. I can understand that. Just take a deep breath and try to stay as positive as possible. It can be hard, I know. But you aren't alone. Since this is an online forum, the most any of us can do is offer suggestions and provide support by hearing you out. So lean on us and use this space to vent out any frustration you might have. Letting it out might help.

We're all here to listen. I'm sure things will get better. Please don't lose hope.

Rade likes this.
  4. Rin311

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve been through this level of depression and it sucks. There is hope, even though right now you feel like things won’t get better. As hard as it might be... try to reach out to the counseling services that may be available to you, as hard as that may be. You deserve to get help and feel better. Take care.

5. nemoMous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe by looking up betterhelp(.com) you can find a good therapist for you.
    In the meantime go outside in the sun and read, eat or whatever you like to do.
    And if you have a possibility to spend some time with a pet close to you home (volunteer at shelter), use it.