1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i feel kinda lost?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RayneFall, Jul 16, 2020.

1. RayneFall

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So about a year ago I used this free help service for depression and anxiety, where i did this Cognative behavioural therapy online.

There was like a session with a helper every month to see whats going on or how the CBT was going and after a few months of this CBT the session with this helper ended and I was asked if i wanted to sign up with one of their therapist for further treatment.

I signed up for it and was put on a waiting list and about 2 months ago i started seeing a therapist over the phone and eventaully moved onto online session using webcams.

Because this is all free service there was a limited time and today i just finished my last session with him. And now like I don't know, i feel a bit lost or empty? I know i feel a bit sad because I've always hated endings. (saying goodbye to people, endings of films/books)

Since I started the treatment I guess i feel like i have changed a bit, and now that its over I have this feeling my depression/anxiety will start to creep back and i would go back to the way I was.

Instead of bottling up my feelings and I decided to post about it, I don't know what I hope to achieve with this post but I don't know what else to do.

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m sorry to hear that you’re finding it hard with your therapy ending.

Did your therapist manage the ending well? Did it feel like a positive goodbye? And do you feel that you now have tools to cope with negative feelings?

3. RayneFall

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes i guess it ended on a positive note and i do have notes i made during session as well have access to the materials for the CBT. But just after it ended I'd been feeling down or something and didn't know what to do i guess.

After i made the post i kinda broke down and started crying. Like even now as im typing Im starting to tear up again.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you only saw this therapist for a short time. Did you get to discuss with them how you may move forward from here - maybe towards another therapist?
    If not, you could go and see your doctor to discuss your options. Or the practice may have a counsellor who you can discuss things with.
    I am sure if you start a dialogue about "what next" you will feel less like everything has come to a crashing halt.
    Therapy can be a slow process and a 2 month "burst' may have left you feeling a bit washed up??