1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't pass at all.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KartoffelWal, Jan 10, 2018.

1. KartoffelWal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just like the title says, I do not pass at all. I have a super feminine face and I have a very high-pitched voice (you can see down below or above or wherever the picture is). It makes me really dysphoric throughout the day as I get misgendered constantly. To make it worse, today my dad told me that I'll never look like a boy and that I'll never be able to go on testosterone. It just makes me feel super shitty.
    Anyone have tips on how to pass without testosterone? I feel like it'll never be possible for someone like me.

Attached Files:

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well i know you can train your voice. Jeydon Wale from youtube did - he was passing just fine in his videos before he came out as trans and started testosterone. Granted i also thought he was much younger than he actually is. He's like 25 and i thought he was a teenager. I'm not gonna bother for anything more than just to see cause i'd rather just go on T.

#2 AlexJames, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really. Cause I looked at the photo before reading the whole post and thought you were male to start with. In fact my first thought was that you looked like a young Russell T Davis (but thinner)

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad told me the same thing, and you know what? I'm on T now.

You look great, bro. Actually reminded me of a young Clark Kent.

Don't let what unsupportive people say tear you down. Testosterone is a powerful steroid. Give yourself time, you'll get there.

KartoffelWal likes this.
  5. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My step dad said that to me too. He also added that no matter what I do nobody will see me as a man. He said that hormones won't help. Now he is just fine with me. Testosterone changes you a lot. I used to look really feminine. I had a pretty face and a very curvy body although I was slim. I went on T and it has changed me a lot. It is a powerful hormone. It also changes you mentally. You honestly look a lot more masculine than I did pre-T. It won't take you long before you start passing on T. I think that once your voice changes it gets better. You can try training it too. I don't have experience on that though but I have seen stuff on Youtube.

You can get on T. It feels bad to tell you to be patient because often us transpeople have been too patient for such a long time that it's no wonder you feel like exploding. But. You can survive. If you feel really bad just think about surviving the next hour.

I can't really tell about passing since I have become kind of blind to that. I just see people as they tell me they are. I can't see you as a girl.

It took me a long time to pass as a man. I couldn't pass before starting testosterone and on T it took a year. After coming out I lived 4-3 years without passing at all no matter what I did. Before I was closeted for over 10 years and felt bad about it but those last years were the worst.

It's tough. I am trying to think about stuff that would have helped me back then. The main thing is hope. Never loose hope. I kind of lost it at some point and became miserable and bitter for awhile. I am still trying to get better after that. It's hard to just stay positive when everything reminds you of your issues and people are being difficult.

My hobbies kept me somehow sane and alive. I recommend consentrating on something you like. For me it was art and music. You can start building muscle so you will look great after starting T. Get better at things. Try to meditate. Seek validation and peace from yourself. Don't speak negatively to yourself. Try to keep yourself positive. Just like if you were on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere. Staying positive and hopeful keeps you going.

It's hard when you just want to be accepted as a man/boy and people just see you as something else and are vocal about that. Try to reward yourself from time to time because you went trough a lot. Make plans about how to make yourself feel better after being misgendered or treated badly. Come here and talk about it, paint, listen to music, anything but self harm or things like that.

You can survive. Don't listen to your dad. Living longer and being a parent won't always make you wiser. I hope things get better between you but it could take time. My step dad (who is more of a dad to me than my actual dad) couldn't even look at me for a long time. Then testosterone did things to me. After starting to pass I have noticed that men are actually easier to deal with. Once you look like a man, sound like one and function as one they are just ok with it. As I said it won't take a lot for you to pass on T.