1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't like to be on top?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kevin k, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I found that when me and my bf have sex, while we usually switch it up, he likes it both ways, and I like to please him. However, I have come to realize that after this morning, (of me being in top) I don't really like it all that much, in fact, I really don't care for it. I'm not saying I don't like it, but I'd rather not have sex than to do it that way. I much prefer to be on bottom. It's more intimate and I get much more pleasure that way. Is this even normal for a guy? Like it's supposed to be an instinct fir guys to want to penetrate stuff right? So how am I even really like a guy? Guys aren't supposed to only be on bottom. Most people on here I talk to say they like both. Am I abnormal or can someone explain this?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Preferring to bottom has nothing to do with being masculine or not being masculine. There are lots of people who are vers, but there are also lots of people who strongly prefer bottoming or topping, for much the same reason as Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors of ice cream. :slight_smile:

#2 Chip, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    blagh likes this.
  3. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with Chip, I think that is a stereotype that men who are primarily bottom are effeminate.. I'm what you would describe as a masculine mans mans and prefer to bottom. If that's what you enjoy more, you should have a conversation with your BF. He may prefer being a top.

4. JaymzR1968

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! I understand and relate to not being interested or enjoying being a “top”. I myself am what I say a “total bottom” and I’m very happy with that. It’s not just that I prefer bottom, which oh boy do I lol, it’s that I don’t enjoy topping and it does nothing to stimulate or satisfy me one bit. I tried it once when I first started being sexually active with men, and didn’t enjoy it. A couple years later I tried it again, the guy I was with really wanted me to and I thought it would either confirm my feelings or I’d be pleasantly surprised and actually get into it. NOPE!
    There is absolutely no absolute direct link between being masculine, feminine, sub, dom, etc. to whether you will by nature be a top or bottom. To me it is just what feels natural when it comes to being with a man sexually, and I’m not a sub feminine diminutive little guy...but in bed, I’m the catcher not the pitcher and I genuinely feel more aroused and satisfied when I know I’m making the guy I’m with feel good and having him, well you know what I’m saying, I don’t need to finish that sentence.
    Embrace who YOU are, and don’t let others label or define who you are or what you like - only you can do that.

5. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being you is the best thing you can do.