1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by blurry, Sep 24, 2015.

1. blurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm kinda confused because I see myself as an adult man, but I don't feel male, nor do I really feel female. I like presenting as male but I seem to hoard blouses and dresses because I like how they feel on my body, although I feel like I would be lying to myself if I wear them in public. But I wouldn't mind wearing it to a formal event. In general I get emotional if I think of parting with them.

I see myself as a man, being the man of a relationship and I can't really see me as female in the future but right now I don't feel like either and I'm afraid of suddenly changing how I've lived for the past 17 years. Like I might lose something.

Most trans men feel this intense "I am a man" but I've only felt it minorly, a slight "I'm in the wrong body" but nothing that makes me feel like I can't just get on with life. Maybe it's due to my lack of social behavior? I admit I am alone 99% of the time. I don't know.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you feel about your sex? What clothes you wear have nothing to do with your gender, and there's no such thing as feeling like a girl/boy. It sounds like you might have some gender dysphoria, and don't worry a lot of people are uncomfortable with transition--that's irrelevant.

3. blurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm okay with my sex, it doesn't feel right but it doesn't overtly bother me. I'm kinda numb about it tbh.

I keep hearing different things so I'm not sure... I'm just guessing that if I'm thinking about this, something might be up.

4. Null

Well, questioning your gender doesn't really mean you're trans. I've known a few people who started experimenting with different pronouns and such to see if they were trans, but at the end they realized they were cis, and that's completely ok!

You could simply be gender non-conforming? Although it looks like you might be having gender dysphoria, although it's mild. Only you can say how you feel and which label suits you better, I hope you find out soon!

5. blurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I'm probably not trans, although I rarely see myself as female, it's probably a manifestation of something else.

I think I'm probably more agender as I can't really fit anywhere...

I might as well not worry about it and continue doing what I do, I'll figure it out eventually.

#5 blurry, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015