1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what they mean?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Spacetime, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Spacetime

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple months ago, I wrote about a friend who I was into romantically. Well, I still am, and they've done a couple things that make me wonder if my feelings aren't unrequited. My hands are always really warm, and their hands are always freezing. So they like to hold my hands a lot. And they told me that they usually don't like touching people, or being touched by people. (I am also touch averse, but like when they hold my hands.) Sometimes it feels like we're flirting. To the point where a mutual friend once asked me if we were flirting, or just goofing around. I said just goofing around, but I really don't know.

Today is my birthday and they gave me some lovely gifts, and a card that I'm having trouble fully understanding.

[​IMG]

If you can't read it, it says:
    "Happy Birthday, Spacetime
    We had some good times in chemistry and I was glad that I wasn't in a room full of straights. Heteros everywhere.
    Hope you do well in your classes next semester and remain in good health.
    Full romo
    -H"

I know what "full romo," means. It means, "full romantic." I don't know if they're just referring to the fact that I'm full romo (as opposed to aromantic or demiromantic). (We've discussed that as we're both asexual.) Or if they mean something else.

Note: I say they instead of her as they've started using new pronouns recently, but they're the same person I referred to in https://forum.emptyclosets.com/inde...girl-but-its-complicated.462930/#post-6529215.

Also, the part about class refers to the fact that we met in chemistry class, but I had to drop the course due to poor health.

#1 Spacetime, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It looks like a type of signature to me. People end letters with things like "sincerely" "love" "cheers" etc. and how she wrote the full romantic thing, it's in the same format.

I would interpret that as her way of signing the card "love (her name)" to let you know she cares about you.