1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont know what the frack is wrong with me lately. (Issues with friends)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MusicIsLife, Apr 3, 2013.

1. MusicIsLife

Lots of grown up language ahead, im just freakin' pissed.

I dont know if this is me or them or both but im so fucking fed up with dealing with this emotional bullshit and I'm to the point where I just wanna give up and not talk to these friends of mine anymore.

First I had one friend that ive known for about 8 years up and ditch me because she decided that now that ive come out as trans, saying im male, she no longer feels comfortable around me. I snapped and basically told her to go fuck herself which I know wasnt the best response, but idk how someone can calmly react to something like that. I havent spoken to her in like 2 weeks.

Then i have this other friend--we've had various spats in the past over other stuff, but its like friendly debate sort of things. Recently our favourite band broke up (My Chem) and its been about 2 weeks since that happened and while I still miss them and am a bit sad about it, shes like still crying everywhere cant talk about it cant make jokes about it, and I honestly dont get it. I kept my mouth shut for a while because this chick is SO sensitive you say one wrong thing and she falls apart. So today she was like: oh i dont know if i can handle watching the new Supernatural episode tonight (we're both big fans) im still calming down over another mcr cry i just had etc etc and i tried to gingerly, delicately tell her: this is ridiculous you need to start trying to move past this. I said it in a very nice way mind you, as gently as i could and she FREAKED OUT and went on and on about how no one understands her and how mcr were her best friends and now she doesnt even have that and im supposed to be her friend and HOW COULD I SAY THAT and i was like: im sorry, i just dont understand how you could still be this upset AND THEN SHE WHINED SOME MORE and i was like: ...I'm just gonna leave you alone now... and then she went to tumblr and passive aggressively bitched about me, but I didnt bother responding, I didnt wanna create edrama.

I'm not sure if I've just suddenly morphed into this uber insensitive guy or what but im just so done with all this whiney BS. Am I in the wrong for not putting up with it?

2. nikom87

I don't think you sound insensitive. That sounds like a whole bunch of drama to me. I won't do drama anymore, I have wasted too much time and spent too many emotions on it. I think you are right to just try to walk away from it.

I am sorry about what that one friend said when you came out. That's way out of line and hurtful. If she feels like getting a grip and apologizing, that's on her. I think you'll be better off with people who respect you and make you happy.

3. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In my honest opinion, your friends are being unreasonable. Firstly, if your first friend was truly a friend, she would have unconditionally supported you and stood by your side. That said however, I don't see how a friendship of 8 years can suddenly dissipate over something like that- and I think that you two may eventually reconcile. I believe however that your friend might just need more time to come to her senses and fully accept you for who you are. That doesn't mean however, that you have to put up with it- because simply you are just being who you are- and that should be enough grounds for acceptance on her part.

As for your more "sensitive" friend- I can see your irritation there. I really don't think the break up of a band should be anything to get overly emotional about and to an extent, her response borders upon the unreasonable. Nonetheless, I believe that she is a good friend at heart- albeit melodramatic and sensitive perhaps. Usually, in my experience, when dealing with people like that, you get the best of them in small doses- and the moments when you do hang out with each other, become something special and unique reserved only between you and your friend.

That said, I'm going under the assumption that you've newly outed yourself as a trans-male, and that there must be of course a slight adjustment period to go along with your true self. I really think this would be a great time to start making new friends- friends that maybe aren't so sensitive, friends that are of course more accepting; friends that are in a similar situation as you are; and above all, friends that you can just, for example go out and have a good time with, hang out, without all of the melodrama and dramatics that are happening with your two current friends.

I think you need a break from all the drama.