1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't have a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mihael, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay this might be a venting thread, but maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I want to have a girlfriend. I'm a transgender dude, not taking hormones, so I suppose that it works roughly the same as what lesbian women go through.

I hang out in the LGBT community, go to events, have LGBT friends. I invited someone on a date recently, but it seems like she wasn't up for it. Or she just doesn't respond on messenger a lot. I see having contact via text and/or phone as a part of dating or just being friends for that matter, and have no problem with opening up this way, so I'm not sure if our needs are compatible (be it as dating or friends) if she doesn't want to have remote contact.

Apps overwhelm me. Maybe I'm one of those people who are attractive and get 90% of the messages on the apps, but... it's just too much to analyse, honestly. I met my ex through the internet, but it wasn't through an app or a post on a forum, we became friends through a lot of writing first. And we gamed. I'm distrustful towards apps and posts to a degree. I mean situations where there is no real relationship with the person beforehand and it all might be staged and lies.

I tried flirting with girls who I met in courses I did, but I missed the occasion with one and have no contact to her and then when I talked with other women who seemed potentially interested in it, but we simply didn't get on.

Maybe it's just a year since I broke up with someone, so I need to be more patient, but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or what... if I'm missing something...

Bruh