1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don’t feel LGBT when I’m with other ppl and the communiry

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jjusa, Jan 18, 2021.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you think the root of your lack of confidence is only related to your sexuality? By that I mean if you were questioning your sexuality would you be confident in yourself? The feel I'm getting from your posts but perhaps it's just the way I'm reading them is that the lack of confidence in yourself etc was there even before you questioned your sexuality and that actually there is a part of you that potentially want to accept you are something that isn't straight but it is your self doubt that is largely stopping you.

Tightrope likes this.
  2. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are very on point. Yes the lack of confidence is something I have struggled with my entire life way before I questioned my sexuality. I’ve only been interested in a few girls my whole life and they were either straight or just not interested. I also received a lot of homophobic bullying in my adolescence. I’ve never been with another girl either. I just wonder if the last girl I liked will be the last girl I will ever like, because I haven’t been attracted to other girls since her.

I want to know and accept my sexuality but I’ve become too timid and doubtful as a person because of my life experiences.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there are no LGBT therapists in your area then perhaps you could find someone that could help more generally with your confidence and self belief which I think would then have a knock on effect with your sexuality.

jjusa likes this.
  4. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    that’s a good idea, thank you @silverhalo

I actually just found some lgbt therapists who take my insurance but they live hundreds of miles away from me. Luckily they do virtual visits.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh thats cool. I hope you find someone who you can work positively with :slight_smile:

jjusa likes this.