1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LoyalGryffindor, Mar 6, 2020.

1. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi friends.

I haven't been on here for a couple of years. I joined this forum when I was 13 or 14, and I am almost 18 now. I joined here when I was questioning my sexuality. I was depressed, crippled by self doubt and anxiety. There were times I thought I'd never come out to myself, let alone to others.

But, about a year ago, I came out to myself as a gay girl. And today, I came out to my family and on social media. I did it. I never thought I would, but I did. And I feel a tremendous weight lifted off of my shoulders.

I still don't completely love myself, I admit. I struggle with many things, but this is a huge step in the right direction. And for the people out there questioning their sexuality, or afraid of coming out, I just want you to know that it gets better. I know it's hard to believe that now, but it will.

Thank you all for your support. You are beautiful people, inside and out.

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!
    10 bonus points for bravery....
    Not loving yourself is a thing that ALL teenagers do, straight and gay!
    Take your time and learn to appreciate yourself, praise yourself on a regular basis.
    Life is meant to be enjoyed. So go and enjoy the wonderful life ahead of you.

"It gets better" is a bit of a cliché but it is absolutely true.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gratz! This is really great!

Coming out is almost never an easy process. So, be proud of yourself that you were brave enough to do it!

This is what pride truly means, in my opinion. It's not about being who you are, period. It's about being who you are and be open about it in a world that tries to keep us in the closet. It takes a lot of courage to face that challenge, and you did it. And be sure that, even if new challenges appear, it is totally worth it to live without that weight on your shoulders.

I'm happy for you. :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's really great to hear about the progress you have made over the last year. You have many things to be proud about, and I hope you have tapped yourself on your shoulder and given yourself some props. :slight_smile:

5. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! Whatever challenges lay ahead, I think you'll be more equipped to face them--just keep that chin up, because what you've accomplished is no small thing. :slight_smile: I hope, with time, you'll come to love and appreciate yourself for who you are, for all of the little pieces that make up the whole.

Congratulations again, and best of luck!