1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't help it I"m overweight

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Moonboy93, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Moonboy93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't help t it I'm overweight I love about food however I'm overeating it's my comfort I really want to feel good about myself whenever I'll stopped it's feel like what to use I'll just want to feel better about myself I'm not losing weight for no one I want to lose weight for me.

2. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel your pain. The only advice I can give you is one day at a time and set attainable goals. Use short term goals initially to build your confidence and stay away from long term goals those.will happen on their own without watching for them all the time. By short term, initially set short small goals and feel positive about your accomplishment. Like set a goal to drink 64oz of water a day. At the end of the day bam you made a goal. Great job. Another small goal could be portion size. Today I am not going to eat more than the size of my fist for three meals and only have two snacks less than 200 cals each snack. Etc. If you fail in one of those goals don't beat yourself up, do it the next day. At the end of the week see how you did in your goals. If you made them all score! If not, we'll try to beat your score the next week. What I am saying is don't beat yourself up, raise yourself up.

PEACE!

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the feeling. I have weight issues too, some of it is genetics. My doctor told me to loose 7 kgs and almost said that this will make all of my issues dissapear, but I've been on ideal weight before and those issues where still there, also depression makes it hard to focus on myself, while I do wish to feel better about myself, since it takes away all the energy.

What I've been trying to do is walk more outside. There are good days and bad days, but that's okay. I used to walk long distances, sometimes I listen to music or podcasts while walking and also was working a lot by being on my feet for long hours. I lost ton of weight. I also forgot to eat sometimes, because I was exhausted from work, but don't do that. It's not healthy. Just spending time outside is already good for you. It's okay to take small baby steps towards being healthier.

With food you could try and eat smaller portions, but more often, instead of one large portion for breakfast/lunch/dinner. This way it feels like you eat a lot, but actually just eat a normal portion. It can help reduce gravings and overall calorie intake. It can be something like snack, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. I also reccomend having a set menu for yourself and stick to that. Don't forbid yourself of favourites. It's okay to eat them, just in small quantities. Everything can be bad for you, if you go overboard eating it.

I hope this helps a bit.