1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot tell anything to anyone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yeahyeah2, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could talk to someone but now my options are less and less. My boyfriend used to listen and he gave aways tried to help but lately I think I cannot tell him a lot of things since he has his own problems and I am afraid he will get tired of me.

Also, I feel worthless a lot of times and that makes me feel so bad that I cannot focus on anything really. I cannot tell this to anyone either as they will only tell me don't feel like that and they don't want to engage on telling me my strengths and I think it is not very helpful either since I will feel miserable when I start overthinking that.

I don't know what to do anymore with this thoughts: I am not good at anything, I don't have a personality, I don't look good, I am not smart enough, I am not good enough for anyone, etc

2. Really

Hey.

That’s really rough. I’m sorry you’re suffering like this at the moment.

You say you’ve talked before about these things with your bf but you’re reluctant to now. I’m sure he’d want to support you and it’s very generous of you to acknowledge he also has problems but what if you went to him during a relaxed moment and tell him you’ve got some things worrying you and you’d like to talk them out with him? Tell him it doesn’t have to be this minute but if you two could set aside some time for this kind of conversation, that would be great. Maybe he also has stuff he’d like to get off his chest. You could be mutually supportive. Who knows? Maybe this will help get you (both) back on track.

Also, if you have access to therapy, that would be a very helpful option, too.

Please don’t be so hard on yourself. You most definitely have a personality! How did your bf get to know you otherwise? And you must look some kind of nice if he chose you. ;] You are smart and absolutely good enough!

Take a breath. You’ve got this. Good luck!

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  3. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's your turn now. Show that you care about him too. Put your problems aside for a moment and be a support for him as he was for you.

#3 Y2B, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  4. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am there for him whenever he needs me and I have told him before. He sometimes tells me what is going on and I always try to help. The thing is that I don't want to say something about my problems and that he is not well at that moment and I could ruin something :c

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeahyeah2.....I don't think you are worthless. It can be easy sometimes to think that we are not worthy of love or affection...but we are. My therapist shared with me a few ways that wrong thinking can make us start to believe that we are worthless and useless people. I am not a therapist, so I am just sharing something that he shared with me, but this had a real impact on me. It made me stop and really think about how I thought about myself. Here are a few ways that we can start thinking about ourselves that are wrong and make us feel that we are worthless.
    1) All or nothing thinking.....You look at things as either black or white. If I'm not good at something I must be terrible. If I don't look as nice as someone else, then I must be ugly.
    2) Discounting the positives.....When you do something that is good, you immediately decide that it doesn't count, it doesn't matter and no one cares about it.
    3) Mind Reading.....You automatically assume that people don't like you, that they think you are stupid with no evidence to back this up.
    4) Fortune Telling.....You always assume that anything you do will always turn out bad
    5) Emotional Reasoning.....When something goes wrong you feel like an idiot...so you must be an idiot.
    All of these cause hurt to us. We are better than what these tell us.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#5 quebec, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    PrettyBoyBlue likes this.