1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LostLion, Jul 25, 2017.

1. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my younger sister tonight after a week or so of heartache and debating over when i should come out to her.

I was talking on the phone to her tonight for a bit, about life, and eventually was like "i gotta tell you something. I've had a secret for like 10 years." After I told her she said she was cool with it and was pretty accepting. we talked for another hour.

This was a huge step for me. 10 years of fighting, lying, hiding and crying and it's crazy how far I've come.

In 2007, I was almost 13, and I was homophobic and anti-lgbt because of the realization of my conflicted feelings.

In 2009, I slowly started to moving away from my anti-LGBT views and met an LGBT person for the first time, IRL.

In 2011, I realized, internally, that I may not be straight, but never actually said the words that I might be gay or bisexual.

In 2012, I finally admitted to myself that I was gay or bi. In 2013, I started identifying as bisexual.

In 2013, I started supporting LGBT Marriage equality (a few days before Hillary's announcement, interestingly enough lol)

In 2013-2014, I started coming out to some internet friends and came out to my fraternity brothers.

In 2015, I came out to the younger fraternity brothers and other close friends.

In 2016, I had a rough year and tried to kill myself because of sexuality, depression, anxiety issues in October.

In 2017, I rebounded by moving to my dream city, getting a cool first adult job and making a difference in people's lives (I hope!). And I came out to a family member, my sister, my best friend.

It's been a tough 10 years, but I think for the first time in a few years, my life is starting to normalize, slightly. I'm moving again soon, because my job was only temp, but I'm hoping to move back soon and stay there for good.

BiDragon, Kvnlod and SemiCharmedLife like this.
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your sister that's great.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations LostLion!:thumbsup:I'm very happy that your sister was accepting! That's another big step for you!:slight_smile:

4. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys, I'm still running on a bit of a high from it. Like I told her yesterday, I don't feel like a zombie anymore now that I've told a family member.