1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my friends today and I kinda regret it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Effie13, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Effie13

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so I came out to two of my friends today.
    I am not out to everyone yet, and sometimes I'm happy I'm still in the closet but sometimes my mood just swings and I want to out myself like right now.
    We have this group chat thing going on where we just send random funny stuff. Today we were just texting and stuff and the "I want to come out" mood hit me. I found a photo of an Apple logo with a pride flag on top of it and I sent it to the group saying "doesn't this look gay?". My friends were obviously confused, one of my friends is gay and she probably thought I was offensive or something, so I texted "like me. Surprise?". One of the friends just left it at seen and the other one (the gay one) couldn't believe it at first. I didn't want to say it again, so I just let her figure it out. She was supportive of me but I regret it. I feel like I wasn't ready, and what if my friend accidentally outs me in front of someone? I just don't feel like this was the right moment. When it happened, I thought it was a funny way to come out (hahahaha nope) but now I don't really know. For me, being out is kinda scary in a sense.
    What do you think?

2. Shultz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not the best way to come out, but I wouldn't stress over it.

3. BiDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you don’t want them to tell other people, just politely ask them to not tell, and hopefully they won’t . Otherwise, I wouldn’t worry about this much. After I came out as bi, my mom didn’t talk about it much (but she does accept me), so I don’t think you should worry.

<3 BiDragon