1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my best friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Senpai25, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the last couple years, I have had a really close friend from the time that I was in college. I had passively identified as a transwoman for the last 6 years, but didn't fully understand my feelings until lately.

Just the other day, I talked to my friend online and told him that I identify as transgender. I didn't have the courage to tell him outright over messenger though. We know each other well and I ended up asking him if I could express myself to him over e-mail instead. I intended to do so as the equivalent of using a letter for coming out. I am unaware of what his religious background is and felt scared to talk about my gender identity. That being said, he took the time to look carefully through the e-mail I had sent him.

Not only was he happy that I had come out to him, but also because he said that my actions caused our friendship to grow even deeper! I told him that I would let him know about any updates that occur going forward. This makes me feel much better in terms of what the future holds as I continue to go through social transitioning.^-^

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations senpai25!:thumbsup:That took courage! I'm very happy that he was so accepting and now you can just be your real self around him!:slight_smile:

Senpai25 likes this.
  3. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you Quantumreality! I really appreciate it.:thumbsup: I'm excited to move forward from this point. I haven't gotten the chance to tell him my preferences yet, but that is the next step!:smiley: