1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I believe that my father is a homosexual.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by I am straight, May 25, 2013.

1. Flatout

Well from the table conversation, your Dad's response about Mom getting a boyfriend suggests he isn't so tied up in knots. What if he and your mom are totally cool with who he is and their relationship? Obviously you care but who he is to you probably doesnt change. You would not reject him if he is gay.... You only need to love him and support him and give him permission to be whoever he feels he is as much as he knows that and feels the network of love and acceptance around him doesn't change by those identity things. They are just labels

2. Candace

Let's change this conversation around. If there were scantily clothed ladies (at the Playboy Mansion) having a pillow fight on TV, and your mom was watching that...would anyone think anything of it? I think what happened was just a coincidence.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to ask, since I see no definitive reasoning:

What exactly are you looking to conclude with here? What's the end-game?

If it's merely a frank interest in "is he gay?", perhaps you should ask him (out genuine interest in the question)?

We here can speculate to any extent, but it means next to nothing without definitive answer (which will probably only come from him).

If it (the end game) is something aside from that, might we identify that and move on in the pondering of a solution?