1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am the only one? Only educated attractive intelligent funny single lesbian left

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Beth 43, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Beth 43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am the only one? Only educated, attractive, intelligent, funny, and single lesbian left that is not in her freakin' 20s. No offense if you are. I have found that I prefer someone more my own age. :slight_smile:

Well, obviously I do not have self esteem issues. haha. Seriously though, I am not one for bars, not doing well on dating sites at all, closeted because I have to be, and feel as though I am the only one. Please someone - tell me I am wrong. I want friends that are like me! I am the gay one in my bunch. They know and keep my secret. Their advice on how to get women - atrocious. They are sweet though - they care.

2. Friesian

Haha, no you're not the only one - we are just all in the same (achem, separate) boats, just like you. I feel stuck; I don't want to come out yet, but how do you enter a group that is fully out and fit in at the same time? And it's a matter of 'type'. Those in their twenties are edgy - because they're 20! I'm middle age and most people are already set in a particular lifestyle at this point. It's just harder in my opinion as you get older. And many gave up and got married and normalized - this further reduces our chances. It sucks really, lol. Someone needs to get innovative and solve the issue. It's only going to grow as the younger more accepting generations take position in this day and age; I feel I'm stuck in the gray area and will be too old by the time these logistics get worked out.

3. Beth 43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did all that - dated/married/divorced - with men. My turn now. Can't be out. 20 somethings don't understand that. Family, career, etc. Then my 20 year old friends run off together. ugh.

4. Sorrel

Hey!

I happen to think I'm a catch - laughing as I say that - but really, I enjoy my own company, I have fun with me. I work hard, I want to help people, I want to pay my taxes and give a lot of love to myself and others when I can. Introvert. I never party. (What do you even do at a party?) Terrible at flirting. (My tactic is to avoid and confuse the person I like.) Tried a dating app at one point, but I nearly died, so deleted it. I'll be 34 soon. I would love to kiss a girl at one point. (It's my limited dream.) So, you are not alone. :slight_smile:

5. afgirl

Being extremely closeted is going to cause issues. I mean, are you going to go out together? It may work if she's in a similar situation, but if she's really out, she isn't going to go for it long term most likely. Then again, I'm not sure what you're really looking for in a girl. :wink: