1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so confused: Help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alex360, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Alex360

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember coming out to my mum about me being bisexual and her not really taking it the best. But after that time I remember feeling like possibly their was a piece of me missing. And a couple months later I stumbled across transgender videos online and it sort of sparked something in me, and I ended up talking to a school counsellor about it and getting advice about what to do but that sort of faded a away and for the next couple of years it would be something that I thought about a few times a year but wasn’t really taking up most of my head space. And it was in 2016 that I experienced my first sort of toxic relationship and things. Which shut me off from others for awhile but throughout that time I would often day dream a lot about me turning into a guy and it happens quite often. But like even though I enjoy dressing up in dresses and going out with friends. The thoughts of wanting to be a man always seem to show up afterwards but I don’t know if I should keep suppressing it or exploring it. Because its making me feel really shit and I’m crying a lot and am scared about what to do. I mean I want to be seen as a man but I don't know if it's because I'm contradicting myself or not.

Chloe123 likes this.
  2. Chloe123

Chloe123 Guest

Always try to explore your feelings. Maybe you are trans. Maybe you’re not. But I can’t tell you that. The only person who can, is you. It could be that you’re just a very masculine girl but don’t feel like you have to meet set conditions to be trans, or that if you don’t think much about being trans then it means you’re not. Because people find out in all kinds of ways.

Here are some tips:
    1. Try dressing in Male clothes more often, or go out dressed masculinely
    2. Cut your hair short if you haven’t already
    3. Talk to people about it, which I can see you’re already doing. I’m by no means a therapist, but there are professionals who know how to handle situations like this.
    4. Most importantly, just try to explore your feelings. Suppressing them is like fighting a losing battle; they just come back stronger. It doesn’t matter if you’re trans or not, so long as you’re happy being you.

Hope it helps!

3. AshDee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exploring your identities is always the better way to go. Most of the time things you do to explore are reversible and/or inconsequential. So try some more masc things. Maybe go somewhere alone that asks you for your name a test out a more masc one. If people online ask you "m or f?" respond male. If you're attached to your longer hair or aren't allowed to cut it maybe get a cheap hat/beanie and hide some of it.