1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am seriously scared of what SJWs are doing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't seen them succeed in doing anything particularly stupid in Australia, but I think it is important that those committed to social justice intelligently articulate why they support things they do.

It's also important that we don't abandon perfectly legitimate ideas and terms (social justice is very much a reasonable area of study and advocacy) because we fear being tainted by their image. Nor should we allow them to dictate what we do by running away from whatever cause they might pick up.

Their beliefs are a special form of vanity; the cost of giving up yoga or demanding the abolition of university fees are easier ideas to hold because they're so simple. Meaningful, reasonable reform requires a lot more work, research and compromise. It's important that others express coherent ideas to the end of actual social advances and provide avenues for the more radical people like this to become more normal and do so, too.

2. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This isn't very helpful, but I truly wouldn't mind taco bell being closed.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

THey're an overwhelming minority and will never become anything worth taking seriously. Leave them to their own devices and I'm sure they'll destroy their own following from within, losing whatever small amount of pull they had.

4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
  5. Plattyrex

I hope to god you're right. These people are out of their minds.