1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am confused I may be trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by noahhh, Jan 3, 2021.

1. noahhh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! I don’t know how to explain this I want to be a boy, I don’t like my chest, I have been using he/him pronouns on my private social media and It feels so right, but I am scared, what if I am just confused? What if I detransition ? I am not even out of the closet because my family is very transphobic, also I invalided myself because I don’t really remember having childhood dysphoria, or even during my puberty, anyways I always used my dad or cousin clothes and have really short hair, but it didn’t mean nothing until now, I have been questioning a lot, I am not a girl, but am I a boy? I don’t know if this make sense,

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At 15 even if you had your families support you could not even take HRT let alone more invasive changes so you do not really have to worry about if you decided to stop. Right now and until you either have family support or you are on your own as an adult the changes that you can make only have to do with presentation, name and pronouns all of which can be reversed without consequences. The process takes time and there are checks to ensure that you do not take permanent steps until you are more certain.

Not having childhood dysphoria does not invalidate you. There are people who do not become certain and transition even into their 70s. What counts is who you believe you are now. If living and being perceived and accepted as male is what will make your life most comfortable then that is what matters. Take your time, keep up using the pronouns and name where you can safely do so. Later you can take more serious steps like finding a gender therapist and see if further changes might be best for you.