1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am 13 and I need to come out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JJ Smith, Aug 15, 2019.

1. JJ Smith

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am mixed herders, and I am bi. Only one other person knows this, after much questioning. She is lesbian, and now my girlfriend. My parents are suspicious with me, and while my dad is fine with me, because his cousin is lesbian and they are friends, but my mum is homophobic. What should I do?

2. TwoFeech

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can you start by talking with your dad's cousin, or your dad? Maybe write your dad's cousin a letter or an email? You know they are lgbt friendly. You don't necessarily need to sit down with both your parents at the same time and come out to them both. You might ask your dad for advice first. I wouldn't expect him to keep a secret from your mother for too long, but you can ask him for advice one-on-one, first.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are your parents together? What are your mums feelings on your dad's cousin? Do you think perhaps you could come out to your Dad and then maybe take it from there one step at a time?