1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m so confused on my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rayven, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Rayven

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn’t start thinking about my gender until I was 11 or 12 when I started getting more womanly futures. I started feeling uncomfortable in my own body.I then identified as non-binary but now I don’t know If I’m non-binary or a Demigirl.honestly I just feel uncomfortable with certain parts of my body and wish I didn’t have them.

2. onlyhuman33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Rayven,

I can't really speak on the whole "non binary" or "Demigirl" thing. You definitely have body dysmorphia. I definitely think you should speak to a trans-friendly therapist though. I also feel like you are having enough trouble existing in your own body right now and all the other "Demi non binary" labels just make things a lot more confusing. It sounds to me like you should first concern yourself as to whether you feel comfortable as male or female. I know that's not a popular consensus on here. But it is at least a good place to start. After that, you can delve deeper in to all the other gender sub-sets out there. Good luck, and be well!!!

Ludo likes this.
  3. Raisinsss

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get what you saying, being uncomfortable with certain parts of your body. I hate my body sometimes, but, hey, I can be cute enough to make it work.
    As far as being unsure goes, I think sometimes I helps to view things from a less serious, more playful "fun" kind of way. Don't get bogged down by labels and just experiment. Dress how you want, try different pronouns. There's no harm in being a little unsure of yourself and testing things out. It can be very freeing to just "let go" and be whatever for a while when your sorting out who you are and who you want to be. You have your whole life to figure things out. Just try to keep an upbeat attitude. Take your work seriously, the rest can be fun. Just don't make any life changing decisions until your ready.
    Oh yeah, and try to find a trans freindly therapist. This can help you get it all sorted out. It's a necessary step for most trans and non conforming people out there. Just do a basic google search for your area. It may help you a lot.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rayven.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are two sub-forums here titled “Gender Identity and Expression” and "Sexual Orientation" if you post there I think you’ll find people who will understand what you are dealing with. This is a community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: