1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m scared

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nicolexx, Jun 11, 2020.

1. nicolexx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi

I am a 23 year old lesbian and while I’ve known I like girls for a very long time, I was only able to come out to my friends around a year ago. I am at the point where I can meet up with other girls and date.
    However, I’ve never had any sexual relationship with any girl and I am scared that some people will judge me for this and will not want to date me because of this. It happened before. Is it really that embarrassing that I’ve never been with anyone? What should I do?

2. La Corbeau

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry! It's a common occurrence for queer folks to have their sexual and romantic teens in their early twenties. Take your romantic life in whatever direction you want, and don't be afraid to take slow. Also, if a girl doesn't want to date you because of your lack of previous relationships, that's really rude.

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don’t worry...people come out in 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. with no experience with the same sex.

It’s does bother them, then they’re not worth your time. You need to get to know a new partner anyway, so it makes little difference.

Shorthaul likes this.
  4. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will echo the other two poster's comments, if someone is that hung up about one thing, you can find someone better.

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is exactly right. Most LGBT folks know the pain of struggling with your identity, coming out, finding compatible folks to date - it all takes time. You're still young, and even if you weren't, there is no "age" you should have had sex by, everyone is different.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if my partner was sexually inexperienced, no matter their age. I don't know who told you that it was a problem, but clearly they weren't the right person for you!

Bisurprise likes this.
  6. case121

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I always thought sexual inexperienced people where very cute and nice company in bed. They should be treated with care and patience. I assume there must be plenty of nice people out there to share that with you and think the same as I do:slight_smile:

Bisurprise likes this.
  7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey like the others have said its a common fear and often people are older than you'd think. My advice would be that its natural to be nervous but anyone that doesnt want to be with you or doesn't respect you because you dont have experience isnt someone worth your time anyway.

8. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It is extremely normal among LGBT youths! More than you think.

We are not as open to dating when we are teens, and most of us are late-bloomers. I started dating at 23 as well. Now I am 26 and most of my partners think I am super experienced and mature. You only need one or two partners to get into the game and start exploring things. Do not worry too much, just follow your gut.

Also, people who judge you for it are stupid. Just call them out for it. It is your own personal life, you can do whatever you want.