1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m confused if I’m trans or not

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wilmen, Jan 15, 2023.

1. wilmen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi I’m a teen and I’ve been confused if I’m trans for over a year. I’m amab and I visualize and think about my self as a girl all the time and I wish I was born a girl a lot but I’m not sure if I’m trans. I also hate my facial hair and even my chest(I’ve hated my chest area since I was like 3 and there’s literally nothing wrong with it it’s just IVE always felt uncomfortable with it) i hate having masculine shoulders and being tall. My gender identity has caused me a lot of stress and I’m still so confused and I feel horrible. I like wearing makeup but only wear it behind closed doors(the bathroom) and I’m just so confused of if I’m trans or not. A lot of sighns that trans girls say they had of being trans I have and I’m just confuzzled.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    wilmen.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Gender Identity and Expression”, there are people there who have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you. I'm sure that you have watched trans youtubers...but just in case, here are some favorites of mine that you might like: MtF: Victoria Rose, Riley J. Dennis Renna Williams, Alexamarilla, Robin jaspers.

Some info on how to navigate EC:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Wilmen, well, there's no trans 'test' out there. But just that fact that you've written this:

And this:

And this:

And this:

Suggests to me at least, that you probably are trans. Cis men don't think things like that. End of.

How do you see your future, Wilmen? If you had to spend the rest of your life as a man how would you feel? For me that was the clincher. I realised that I simply couldn't do it, I couldn't deny the person that I truly am any more.

Good luck!
    Beth x

TinyWerewolf and Rayland like this.
  4. Incoming

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think @chicodero summed it up nicely in her breakdown of your comments.

If I may ask... is it necessary that you definitively label yourself as being trans - at least for now ?

I understand how finding a specific identity can be psychologically reassuring and socially empowering. (And necessary if you need medical treatment.)

But it can also cause stress, if you're constantly comparing yourself to a standard that you're not comfortable with or can't properly define.

Why not continue to explore what it means to you, to be a girl, or a woman, or simply female (or none of these) ? And meanwhile, give yourself time to learn more about the different kinds of transgender styles and mentalities - surely it's somewhat different for everyone ?

5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with what's said above.

I couldn't imagine myself to keep living in a female body either. Just like @chicodeoro

Of course there are people who simply like dressing up as opposite gender and that's okay too. There is no hurry to trying to find out. Take baby steps and experiment, with styles and such, but also keep in mind that gender identity and expression are different. What made me realize beside being comfortable with wearing more masculine clothes was that I became euphoric, when I imagined myself living fully as a male. This also meant that I dislike my body parts, that show me as a woman to others. I feel happy too, if I get called a guy and so on.

Every experience is different, some may not want to transition at all, but are still very valid and that's okay too. They just transition socially.
    Euphoria and dysphoria aren't requirements either. The only thing that matters that you feel like something don't match up.

There are many labels out there, but the most important are your own feelings about what feels like you. You will figure it out over time.

Though based off everything you said, then I think there is a chance you are one. Try and accept this feeling and see where it leads you, experiment and do research.

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound trans to me in the most traditional of ways.
    Agreed with the others, definitely do a little more exploring. This exploration part is much of what being trans is.

TinyWerewolf likes this.