1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hrt question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jamie325, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Jamie325

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey all I’m from southern Illinois I’ve been going to see a therapist for a while now but she seems disinterested in listening to me and I was wondering does a therapist have to sign off to get on hrt or can I just go to a endocrinologist Or planned parenthood and ask to get on hrt please help if you can thanks

2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there is a Transgender Resource Centre in your area that has a medical practitioner come in, try there to get the appointment with an endocrinologist.

also, if you’re over 18, I believe a therapist cannot refuse a referral if you request it.

3. Jamie325

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sadly there isn’t a transgender resource center in my area but what you’re saying is I should just make an appointment with an endocrinologist and see what happens?

4. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Call them see about getting seen as a new patient. Depending on the back log of appointments, you could be waiting 6 months to a year(or more). But during that time, present as female(if you’re not already), it’ll give you real life experience.

In my metamorphosis, I lucked out in that I was able to get onto E and Spiro soon after coming to accept myself. My endo (after sitting at the desk in the exam room): I think I know why you’re here. I just want you to confirm it.
    (Which I then did, and got onto hormones that day)