1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HRT and boobs

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BookDragon, Nov 26, 2018.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi anyone...

So I've been on HRT for years...I'm not sure how many years exactly, but somewhere between 3 and 4 I am pretty sure. It's all nice, I'm enjoying the reduced body hair and vague feminisation of my face, but I'm annoyed with my chest. It's the only area I'm not seeing any particular change. I mean there has been some but I can't tell if that's because I've gained a lot of weight or not. I get a little upset when I see skinnier folks who actually look feminine because their breasts are in proportion - I don't expect that, it's unrealistic, but something surely...I know I ought to lose weight, but I would height to lose it and find out that my boobs went with it!

Any thoughts? Should I start hounding doctors or just accept it.

2. Brandy Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't say about HRT because I don't know (but will likely be doing this myself soon), but as a fitness enthusiast for decades, I can say that weight loss, while largely uniform across the body, will tend to melt away first from where you put it on last. Also, if you don't do any strength conditioning/ muscle building in the pectoral area, you won't build muscle there, which will detract from the appearance of your breasts.
    So basically, lots of cardio (do high intensity intervals), and moderate weight squats and deadlifts to build muscle in the thighs and butt, this will also improve posture. For upper body, yoga (find a basic video online for a ten to twenty minute routine)and planks to tone shoulders etc, that's it for six months to a year anyway

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot :slight_smile:

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm definitely seeing breast growth, and I have only been on estradiol and spironolactone for three months. All women are different. Many cis women have small breasts, too. Honestly, I am hoping to be one of them (I'd hate to have giant ones.) I am not sure, and I'm not a medical professional, but I have heard other women say they didn't start seeing serious growth until they started progesterone, but obviously individual results will vary, and you should talk to your physician who can work with you to find a right course of action with minimal risk.

Limiteded and MrLesbian like this.