1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was 2017 for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, Jan 2, 2018.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, it started out terrible, with the exception of my dad getting married. It ended really well. I got into a much better living situation. I was also promoted at work, and I have been doing well in my new position. I've grown a lot in the past year. I learned a lot about myself and about others.

So how was 2017 for you?

2. Elliot Kim

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me, it started out terrible but then it ended pretty well. So same.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It wasn't the worst year but it wasn't the best either. I went back to the classroom which was an adjustment from online school. Over the summer I was having bad anxiety issues. I think a lot of it stemmed from not being in my house. We had a leak in our house and we're living at my grandparents the whole summer. So all my summer plans were gone. I did enjoy visiting family in Illinois though. Also August & September was really fun. A lot of people came down to visit and I got to go to a few concerts and it was really fun. On a 1 out of 10 scale (1 worst, 10 best) I would give it a 5.

#3 Andrew99, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. kakyo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2017 was the hardest year of my life.
    i was so lost.
    but now im in a better place with self, i grew up so much.
    i learned alot so for that im grateful.
    i was heartbroken but im getting better.
    it was really hard but im still here

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Crazy difficult. But I've made a lot of personal progress and I believe this year is going to be a doozy.

6. Scott219

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  7. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On one hand, I finally found a job AND my team won a title for the first time in four years. On the other... it was still 2017, the year a lunatic took office and all the bad news just left me feeling sick of the world. So... meh.

8. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My on again off again boyfriend left me...again. Other than that, it was okay.

9. Keon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well i did have fun at camp this year until i came home and things got pretty shitty at the end but new years eve was ok

10. r3b3llion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Umm, I'd say so-so.
    I had a lot of fun this summer, I made lots of new friends and went camping with my best friends it was a total blast.
    But the whole year I'd be arguing with my folks at home, so my mood was changing constantly.
    I hope this year turns out to be better for all of us:slight_smile:

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty terrible

12. heyrita

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had so much drama last year, and I hope that I won't carry it over this year. I had a fight with my boss, and I've been a bad employee.

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first 3/4 was pretty fucking awful. But some amazing things have happened in the last few months, so I guess no pain no gain?

14. Loves books

My mother kept talking about moving is still talking about moving and is still looking for a house big enough for my parents and me too. I don't want to live with them but I don't want to live alone and can't afford anything else. I started college again and don't know wheather to be offended or not that everybody told her I'd never stick it out this long. It was an ok year. Except it's been more than a year I've been waiting for an appointment to fix my torn meniscus in my knee and my mum found out she has 5 brain aneurisms. But other than a crappy health service it was ok.

15. LucasCain

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    2017 for me was just as crappy as the previous few years have been. However that started to change a little late summer when I finally started to do things I've wanted to do for years. Then it started to ramp up a bit more in November when I finally got the courage to cut my hair super short and experienced massive change to where I now can see myself in the mirror and no longer see a stranger. Finally, back in December after years of avoiding and running away from things I didn't want to face, I made the the decision to start to doing so. This meant accepting a part of me I usually tried to act like it didn't exist. I made the choice to start facing my inner demons and give a lot of bad things the boot, so I can build up my physical and mental health. I also decided it was time to finally jump from the frying pan and into the fire, since it's the only way for me to get to the future I want.

16. takemeout

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same; hope this year will be better

#16 takemeout, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
  17. bruh

bruh Guest

if only the word "horrible" summed it up...

18. AliceDot79

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    meh. It started out routinely bad and gradually got better, and it was pretty good at the end since I was talking to more people, apart from the fact I got in a huge fight w my best friend.

19. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Started with my grandma dying in January, then my dad dealt with health issues, including cancer, and ended with me getting hit by a car spending three weeks (including Christmas) in a hospital and then a rehabilitation facility.

20. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It started out terrible for me as well. I was under sky high amounts of stress which caused me severe depression. It got so bad I had started seriously considering suicide. I was in an academic program I didn't want to be in. I talked to my mother, who was very understanding and took my side. She convinced my grandmother to let me leave the program. My grandmother couldn't understand her role in the situation at all. The depression stopped after I left. Not right away, maybe a couple of weeks later.

It was weird too at times. Over the course of a few months, I kept getting sick back to back often multiple times a month. Then suddenly it convinently stopped right before my summer classes. Also, sometimes when I now sneeze, the snot comes flying out of my mouth instead.

I took some classes in Reiki because the plan was to pursue it professionally. I decided against doing so this year for reasons. I did met some really nice people. There was this one guy who was fucking weird. I don't think he meant any harm. I got the impression that he didn't understand the concept of boundaries very well. Maybe, he had an undiagnosed form of high functioning autism? He used to email me in AM hours, for Christ's sake! I had to pray for him to stop. The teacher I had with the guy didn't, imho, teach us shit yet we still got our certificates. My other teacher was and is a wonderful person.

I continued contacting a select few of my fraternal relatives. One aunt, I talk to practically daily. We text now. I keep putting off calling her because I want it to be just right. I managed to track down a cousin's contact, why I didn't just ask someone for her email is beyond me. I also called up my, admittedly, least favorite aunt out of concern. We had a very interesting conversation... It wasn't bad but it was fucking odd. We did have some shared interests though.

And my personal favorite which was the highlight of my year (and one of the highlights of my life): my friend reciprocating my feelings and the promise we made to eachother. :grin:

I hope this year will finally be MY year. I'm in need a change of scenery.

#20 PlantSoul, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018