1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my best friend I love him?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Berru, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So... Yeah. My best friend currently lives 3000km away. We have always had a strong bond and pretended to be jealous at each others significant others. We've both been single this past year, and the daily messages have become very lovey-dovey with hearts and everything. (We also cuddle a lot when we do meet)
    I love him, but I'm starting to wonder if I might be in love with him as well.

People around me constantly ask how come I haven't made him my boyfriend yet, and I honestly don't know anymore. I think the distance is the only thing keeping me from it, to be honest, and I'm starting to wonder if a long distance relationship might be worth it after all.

I just don't know. How do I know? D:

I don't want him to feel tied down by me and we'd be able to meet maybe once or twice a year, but I'm still starting to wonder if I should just go for it.
    But how should I go for it if I were to decide that? I don't want things to get awkward :icon_sad:
    I was thinking maybe sending him a rose with a card that says "I love you, and I have for a long time. Will you be my player two?" But I dunno if it would be too short or cheesy or something...

It fills my head, and makes it hard for me to sleep.

Some help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Riz

Riz

As it sounds like he seem to share your feelings to some extent, otherwise people tend to get rather guarding when you act lovey-dovey.

Here's my advice from my own experience in a very very similar situation. Tell him. Even if it might be super awkward and you're so scared you don't know where to go. But you know what eats you up more inside? Wondering what could have been, that's probably what's filling your head a lot lately.

Long distance works, it can be very rough, but if the feelings and dedication is strong it's worth it.

If you're a cheesy person, do that confession. Just be you. You know each other well, so you shouldn't have anything to be afraid of. It's your mind being stubborn

3. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You're right, it's going to eat me up if I don't do anything and find out later that I did have a chance. Wondering what could have been is my worst enemy, let's just say "been there, done that" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

4. Riz

Riz

No worries, don't forget to do a follow up and say how it went XD I'm a curious guy.
    I wish you all luck and love <3

5. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks, and I will ^_^

6. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    We just spent 2 and a half hours skyping. We usually skype for about an hour, and never with cam, but we did this time. And when we said good bye, he kissed at the camera...
    Oh god why does he do that? Does it mean something or are we just really, really good friends?
    Another thing that makes me wonder is that when we talk about relationships, he does'nt use random people as examples, he says "if you and I were dating..."

Am I reading too much into things here?

7. BananaCrazy

Uh, well on one hand it sounds like he's into you. On the other hand I act just like that with my best friend - but then again, I'm gay af. So I'm not sure? Hope that helped. Wish you luck!

8. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, uhm, update as promised:
    I talked to him about it, and he IS into me, and has been for a while, but he wants to wait with defining the relationship until we meet in person, something I both respect and understand.
    So... Yay ^_^