1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if a girl is in the closet

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tx87, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Tx87

Tx87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've a question. There's a girl I know who I'm getting a strong feeling that she's into girls but it's just a feeling… maybe I'm reading too much into it.
    I think she might be bi or pansexual but maybe in the closet or just unsure she's 14 btw. Why I think she's into girls in just from her Instagram and Twitter page.

She follows a few lesbian and gay pages like jelly and daylynn, Connor Franta, Hannah Hart, Tyler Oakley, Ruby Rose and a few other lesser known gay and lesbian Instagram pages and YouTubers.

Then there's Shay Mitchell, Lea Michele, Chris Colfer and Naya Rivera that she follows on Instagram.

She posts pics of her hugging and embracing other girls, her friends but she is also friends some what close friends with four or five openly bi girls, ho she often takes selfies with. Then she made a lot Twitter posts about being happy about gay marriage and retweeted others posts about it.

Then there's her obsession with Ruby Rose (she's an OITNB fan) posting stuff like "Ruby Rose has made the top of my celebrity marriage list" a video of Ruby Rose stripping down to take a shower and multiple pics of her and Samira Wiley.
    Then she made some joke tweet saying " I stabbed my lover because I'm gay"

So I'm thinking yeah she's into girls. All that and the fact I keep seeing in my Instagram feed her liking pics of girls kissing each other, and some post about something being hotter than Jennifer Lawrence nude pics.

After all that she post a pic of her and a girl holding hand in bed talking about relationship goals. So what make think she might be closeted is when I asked if she had a girlfriend she said "no I'm straight" then deleted the pic.

Now I just a bit confused maybe I'm over reading this. All the things she likes and says that point to liking girls then she denies it. At first I thought maybe an ally.

What do you all think is she closeted in denial or straight ?

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I'd like to start off by saying, don't out people. Don't out them to yourself, as in, don't ask them if they are gay because you'll put them in the awkward spot of having to deny it because they're not ready and later having to explain themselves.

Second, she'll come out if and when she's ready.

The only way to know is to wait for her to come out. Give her time to discover herself.

3. Kat 5

That pic deletion is giving me odd vibes. I'd say 50/50 chance she's into chicks.
    But wait. Don't try to force her out. If she is she will come out on her own. If she isn't, well I guess you'll have to abandon the idea of her being into girls.

#3 Kat 5, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  4. Tx87

Tx87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can see that, trying to read between the lines she seemed quite open about it posting a pic for all to see. I'm thinking bi or pansexual.

And doesn't exactly hide her support for LGBT causes and excited about gay marriage but we'll see.

---------- Post added 3rd Sep 2015 at 11:35 PM ----------

I thought she was to be honest I asked if the girl was her gf. Seems very open and excited about gay marriage passing. But her liking the picks of girls kissing Is what's got me thinking maybe bi or pansexual.