1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to sister-proof my room?? Help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alwaysdreaming, Jul 21, 2013.

1. alwaysdreaming

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I have this little sister. Not like a REALLY little one that's harmless, she's 11 years old and she's a lying, stealing little b**** (sorry, it really is true.) She slaps me, punches me, stabs me with pencils, scratches me, kicks me, and steals a LOT of the stuff I need from my room on a daily basis. And it's starting to get really annoying because my parents don't care. My parents pretty much give my sister everything she wants, and never ground her or anything, and they pretty much never pay any attention to me. I'm not even exaggerating. It really makes me feel ignored and unimportant. It's the whole family too, not just my parents. And I can't ever get out of the house because they wont let me hang with my friends. I tried to tell them how I feel about my sister, but their response is always "We don't have to be fair." "That's ridiculous." "I don't wanna hear it." Or, "oh please, get over yourself." So anyway, can I just have some ideas to keep her away from my stuff? Please? Oh, and I don't have a real bedroom. I have a little screened-off corner of the basement with no door. Please help? Thanks! c:

2. Hexagon

Trip wire?

Why won't they let you see your friends? Have you tried walking out the door and finding some friends to hang with?

3. alwaysdreaming

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    They hate my friends and don't like driving me to go see them. And I'm not allowed to leave the house very often. And the kids in my neighborhood don't like me very much anyway.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seal the hidden door: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-stknUYH8wo

On a more serious note, you could try buying a safe, or not keeping so many valuables in one place. This could mean having them dispersed around, carried with you, or worst case scenario, staying vigilant and keeping an eye on your belongings more often.

5. Hexagon

Is there no public transport in your area? And while its a little different for you, since your younger, they can't force you to stay in the house. If I were informed that I couldn't leave the house, I'd tell my parents to go fuck themselves, and I'd leave anyway.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was gonna mention buying a strong lockbox. My brother who's prone to stealing things broke a lockbox, so you might wanna get a strong one.

7. alwaysdreaming

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There is public transportation. But I don' have any money because my parents don't give me allowance. Just my sister. And I don't exactly live in the best neighborhood.

8. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like that isn't an option in this situation, though. There can be…uh…penalties for telling your parents how you really feel about stuff.

I know the feeling of having an evil younger sibling. Sadly, since you're only two years older, the main option you have is to scare her into leaving you alone. I've dealt with this and nothing else works, you have to make her not want to upset you for fear of consequences.