1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Make Sex More Dangerous Refusing to provide children with medically accurate sex education

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by brainwashed, Mar 11, 2019.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Extremely relevant text and, although it is focused on the US, the same problem happens in many parts of the world, including Brazil, in which the theme is being discussed because of the new rise of the extreme-right to the power.

The only thing I disagree is the subtitle (which is a part of the middle of the text). Ok, if we consider the opinions of isolated parents, it is negligent indeed. But in the large scheme of things, like when talking about conservative governments and politicians, it is much more than just negligency.

Refusing sex ed (and spreading lies about how the left wants children to have sex and other nonsense like that) is part of the power strategy. Our bodies are, in this context, controlled by others. Not in the nonsense of "alien waves", but in the sense that we are being taught since a young age to fear our own bodies, and to look at our sexual parts like they are gross and, unless you need to use them for reproduction, then you shouldn't use them. Decency is important - no one is defending the right to go naked on the street (on the contrary, we need to teach students about consent and context), but by refusing sex ed, we are substituting decency for shame - you don't need to use clothes because it is appropriate in a social context, but because you should be ashamed of your body and it's parts. And by making people think like that, you are creating a vulnerable population, where people are confused and unaccepting of their own bodies. And that is much easier to control and manipulate than if people were comfortable with how they were and understood what is and isn't appropriate and, most importantly, why that is or isn't ok.

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bingo. The word taught to me was "dirty".

I was taught sex ed in 6th grade but I never comprehended, for what ever reason, what my genitals were used for.[/QUOTE]

#3 brainwashed, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  4. Waffless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked the article (Thumbs Up)