1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KartoffelWal, Jan 15, 2018.

1. KartoffelWal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So there's this girl in my PE class that I think is cool. She is a lesbian as well, so we are both in the LGBT community. Recently, she has been sitting next to me and attempting conversation with me. I know that she's not hitting on me or anything, she has a girlfriend (she does not know I am trans).
    My issue is I would like to be friends with her, but I don't know how to talk with people that well. I think I'm too scared to talk to her, to be honest.
    What should I do to get over my fear of talking with her, and when I start talking to her, what should I ask her about?

2. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I first started using EC to figure out how to do something like this. I’ve received so much help on how to speak to my crush. One thing I learned is you need confidence. I am a very shy person so I started with “how was your weekend?” Or bringing up something relevant in the news/media. From there I got more confident to continue carrying a conversation with her. I know you just want to be friends so it would work too because I’m just friends with my crush. It sucks but we get along really well and honestly if she is trying to talk to you too, you will probably see her smile when you put the effort to initiate the conversation. Good luck! :slight_smile:

KartoffelWal likes this.