1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to keep positive?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SilverLining120, Sep 9, 2017.

1. SilverLining120

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello everyone!

Ive been a pretty negative person for a while now and I decided to make a change. Ive been happier lately because I moved schools and I want to keep positive throughout what is said to be the hardest two years of your life. I'm trying to keep positive but people keep telling me that I won't be able to do it and that I'm just kidding myself. And ive been realising a lot of the people that I spend time with are very negative and some are even trying to bring me down.

Any tips on how to keep positive despite the negative influences around you?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do people feel like they need to tell you you can't be positive about your situation? And who are these people, exactly - friends, etc.?

My initial suggestion would be that if these people are trying to get you to think negatively and are openly speaking poorly of you to your face, then you might be better off without them.

3. SilverLining120

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for your advice. The people that i'm talking about are my friends and my sister. Since Ive moved school I'm trying to fade them out because of what they're doing. I'll just have to put up with my sister's attitude for now and prove her wrong hahaha.

Thanks for you're advice!

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem! Also, hopefully being in a new school will give you lots of chances to meet people and make new friends. :slight_smile: