1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get to Pride Parade?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by heyKittie, Sep 12, 2015.

1. heyKittie

So I just realized that I am bisexual,and I'm very happy about it. And I really want to go to my states Pride Parade, I am a huge supporter the lgbtq+ community, so its pretty important to me. But I dont want to to tell anyone yet about my sexuality, especially since most of my family and friends are christians. But this means I have no way of getting there. Its about an hour and a half away. The only person I would consider telling is my sister, who would probably be fine with me. But she recently totaled our car, and I don't trust her to drive me there. I could make up a good excuse for my parents on where im going, but I really need a way to get there. Any suggestions??:help:

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

This is what i did yesterday (Pride was yesterday for my area): Somehow need to be near the parade in the hours before it starts and then go as an extension of that trip. Or lie about where you're going and go early.
    I guess if you found a friend to go with you could say you wanted to support them (and they wanted you to support them).
    BUT you're in the US, and your family are Christians... so maybe option 1?

Good luck! It's well worth going to Pride events and parades if you can - such a great feeling being with everyone!

3. heyKittie

thank you,great suggestions :slight_smile:

4. heyKittie

Thank you for those suggestions, it worked! I'm going to the state fair- which is a few minutes away from the parade! You are amazing!(*hug*)