1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get past the guilt

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SheriB33, Mar 30, 2013.

1. SheriB33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a 33yr old wife and mother to two children, ages almost 2 and almost 5. I came out to my husband last week. And he loves me so much and is hurt but is being very supportive/understanding. I'm just struggling with how to get past the feelings of guilt that I'm tearing our family apart. I feel like I'm letting everyone down around me and almost feel as if I'm being selfish. Any advice on how to get past these feelings would be appreciated. Thanks

2. mommy tears

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I made an account today because I saw your post. Unfortunately, I don't have the answers right now. I just wanted to tell you that I am in the same situation. I am 27 with a 2 year old. I came out to my husband about 6 months ago. We have been sharing custody of our son. The guilt is extreme. Its going to take time to feel better.

I also cannot stress the importance of therapy. You are going through a lot of life changes all at once. Its overwhelming and as a mother, I understand your concerns.

Please feel free to message me if you ever need to. I have days where its unbearable. Just know you are not alone.

3. SheriB33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your input. And I start therapy on Wednesday just to help guide me through all of this. This has been the hardest thing I've ever done and I'm sure for you too. When there are kids involved it changes everything. I was gonna message you but I honestly have no idea how to. Lol

4. Kay

Kay Guest

Honey, you are being you and discovering the truth of you. It is like a beautiful like a butterfly springing forth from a cocoon. There is no guilt in becoming you. If the family lobes you they will understand and hope for you to find the real center of yourself. Your joy should be their joy.
    No guilt only the power of discovery and the new path your life takes. Be at peace dear you can not stay buried when new life calls. Love you and if you need a chat message me. Hugs and all love