1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over this insanely rude ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RemakeJake, Aug 4, 2016.

1. RemakeJake

I dated a 22 year old for a while. We connected so, so, so well. But it's as if he started to get a bit of a big head and a smaller conscious . Long story short, after a while, he just stopped responding to me. When I confronted him he simply said he was tired of me and then preceded to block my number, my Facebook, and my snapchat. I know this sounds bitter but I found my way onto his instagram again and he looks super super happy, and apparently he's sign a new modeling contract and a book deal which "already has the interest of a major Hollywood studio." I will not be able to stomach if he becomes famous. I just won't. How do I get over this crap? -_-

2. kingK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've met/ crushed on several arrogrant stuck up guys in the past. So I totally feel you. It's the absolute worst when they treat you absolute shit and continue to go on and live their lives as if nothing happened. I don't think it makes you bitter or jealous necessarily. Maybe because he was such a jerk to you, you feel as if there should've been some kind of consequence.

But that feeling is temporary. Negative feelings are temporary. Just live your life to the best of your ability because success is the greatest revenge. Pay no attention to him and just do your own thing. I don't know if this is at all one hundred percent reliable coming from a 17 year old with probably way less experience with than you. Lol. But in situations like this, staying carefree and upbeat has always helped me. If he's a really bad person kharma will get to him eventually. Stay smiling!

#2 kingK, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Block his instagram and stop following him. It is unhealthy to pursue someone who doesn't want to acknowledge your existence. Maybe he will get famous. Maybe he will end up like the thousands of other "actors" who just don't work out (can't have looks without some talent and practice). Every day, hour, and minute you spend thinking about him and what he might be doing is just you giving him control over your life after the breakup. You have the power to stop this.

4. robclem21

On the plus side, it will make a cool story some day that you dated someone really famous.

But seriously, if his feelings aren't reciprocated, he isn't someone who you want to be with. You deserve someone who will treat you really special and you should never settle for anything less. He is a jerk and regardless of fame status, you deserve better than to be with someone like that. I agree that you should delete all his accounts and every time you find yourself thinking about him, go do something to get your mind elsewhere. All breakups are hard but people always find a way to get past it. You can do the same.

5. Flowey

Don't stalk him on social media and unfollow all mutual friends. That's the simplest solution.

6. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Be glad he dumped you sooner rather than later, you wouldnt have wanted to be stuck with someone like this. Force yourself to think of other things and go out with other people, the hurt and upset will pass.

7. RemakeJake

Thanks everyone. I realize I'm bitter at the moment haha.