1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to forget him :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sonick, Nov 5, 2015.

1. sonick

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello guys.
    I don't know if there are people who know my story but because it's a long one and I want your advice I will write it down.
    So, in May I started to speak everyday with a guy from my school. I knew him because we were participating in a theatrical team but we didn't have a "fantastic" relationship. It was like a "hi" and speaking about the theatre etc. So when we started to speak I think that I felt in love with him from the first time. Because I don't have many boys ad friends he was someone that was like me. And I loved that way. We were speaking about our lives and for everything every night. It was fantastic. On 12 June we were first kissed and on 15 June we were in a relationship. Everything was fine. At least this is what I thought. We didn't have any problems and generally speaking because we were only three weeks together we didn't have difficulties. However on July 1st he told me that he wanted a break from this relationship. He told me that he had some problems and if he didn't solve them our relationship would have problems too. He told me also that he will COME BACK (!) and everything will be okay. A lie! I was waiting everyday for a message. For something. I was watching him in Snapchat and in Facebook and being fantastic and I was like a shit. I was crying every single day and nothing was happening. Everyone was saying that this is the end and that I must go away from this unhealthy situation. But how can you leave him when he said that he will come back? On 6th August I had my names day and he sent me Hi and he was wishing a great time. Really? A great time? So because I couldn't do anything else at night I told him that I know that for him is over but he must say it to me face to face. He didn't response like "yes this is over ". He said that he has not got time (due to his school ) and he will find a day to speak with me. We met each other on 22nd of August and of course he told me that he is not going to come back! I was waiting for nothing. :/ :icon_sad: He told me about his issues and of course I understood him. The great problem was the school. He is in the last grade of school and that's the most difficult in Greece. (I am one year younger than him. )
    So from this time we were not speaking. He was watching me and he didn't even say a hi. He started to be a friend with my friends and he was coming in my class and hug them . And I was there like a helpless person. I was dying every day. I wanted to tell him that he should try to be with me. Neither he nor I are in an easy class and there's no a thought that for example I will have time but he will not. For me even Saturdays are okay. I didn't want the well known relationship. But never had I the chance to say it. On 22 of August we didn't finish our conversation and we said that we will meet again each other. But it's 5 of November and of course nothing has happened.
    But I'm still dying. I want to be with him but on the other hand I want to make him feel like how I was feeling. But I love him. And I love him so much. Okay I'm 16 years old and of course I have a whole live but this is my problem and I wanted to share it with you. If you can help me I will appreciate it. Thank you so much for your time :slight_smile:
    And Im sorry for my mistakes in English.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally speaking, the easiest way to move past someone is not to keep reminding yourself of that person. If you still go to the same school, then that can be hard, but generally, just avoid places you know he'll be at. If you have anything at home that reminds you of him, put it away in a place where you won't see it. Block him on your phone and on facebook. You can always undo these things another time if things change, none of this is permanent. But, all of this will also prevent you from having your attention constantly brought back to him. In other words, if you don't want your attention on him, then you have to focus it elsewhere. :slight_smile:

3. MWill88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    sonick,

I am going through a similar situation. I am alot older than you and I can tell you if I had learned at 16 what I am learning right now, I would be way better off.

I have a history of loving the wrong men. I have met some great ones in my lifetime but was not really "excited" with them. It was the ones that I had to chase, beg and plead to stay with me that I wanted the most.

I realize it is my self-esteem. The way I feel about myself. I keep giving my love to the men who don't deserve it nor want it. We have to give our love to men who will give us the same kind of love back. It's a precious gift. Our love is our soul. Our being. When we give it to the wrong men or men who don't want it, we suffer.

Take it from someone who has been and is going through what you are right now. Please learn to be selective when giving your heart to someone. Make a man realize what he is getting is the best with you. Learn this now and it will save you many many years of heartache. When someone says goodbye to you, say goodbye to him. It's not easy to do, but it's damn worth it. I've shed sooooooooo many tears and lost soooooooo many nights of sleep because I was heartbroken over a man. I will tell you this: once I got over them, I was glad they were gone :slight_smile:

#3 MWill88, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015