1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with being sick in college?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Awesome, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, everyone. I am a college sophomore with a very good immune system, but someone in class a few days ago coughed in my face by accident (it is a very crowded classroom) and now I am sick. I have been getting cold very easily with bad shivering, a sore throat, and a runny nose. I slept very little last week because I had a lot of homework. I caught up on some sleep in the past two days, but I am still tired and sick. I don't have time to sleep a lot right now because I have homework to do, which will take even longer because my mind is all weird from being sick, but I'm afraid that not sleeping will keep me sick for longer. Anyone who has gotten sick in college before, how do you make time for homework and sleep while you are sick?

2. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there,

I got really sick during my junior year of college. I had to miss classes for a few days, but I e-mailed my teachers to let them know and they e-mailed me back with homework yadda yadda. I was also working and had to take a few days off of work too. My room mates girlfriend actually took care of me lol. Just took a lot of medicine and slept. When I didn't sleep I did my homework.. and the hours varied on that. Sleeping schedules can be thrown off easily while sick.

If you are on campus, it might be ideal to stop by your teachers during office hours to let them know. I think it is getting close to midterms though, so it may not be possible to miss class. You may just have to walk into class and try not to get any of your fellow classmates sick :\