1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be confident

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by badger, Jul 10, 2015.

1. badger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm ready to tell my parents that I'm attracted to men because I'm sick of feeling sad and depressed. But I'm extremely nervous to pass on this sad and depressed feeling onto them after I tell them. I know that they will always be there for me and accept whoever I am, but I know that this will be news that could change their lives. I don't know how to be confident that my parents and I will all be in a better place after telling them. Any advice?

2. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they'll accept you and you feel it's right GO FOR IT! Try make it feel less of a bad thing. Because it's not. Good luck!

3. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it sounds like your wanting to get this of your chest. So if you think your parents are loving, understanding, and caring parents, and you're ready to tell them, then tell them. If you want to be happy and feel better about yourself sit them down or write them a letter and break the news, you're gay. I am older and waited a long time just to come out to a close friend, and boy I wish I came out earlier in life. It is who you are, the real you, it is not easy, but you can build up the courage and tell them. That is how to be confident, two words, I'm gay. Practice in a mirror or write a script and then tell them. I wish you the best my friend!