1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to approach girls?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by evora, Dec 14, 2013.

1. evora

I always seem to get into impossible situations. I'd really like to have a girlfriend but it's very difficult. There is a woman I'm completely in love with despite the fact that she doesn't care about me, plus she's a lot older than me as well so it's really hopeless.

Then there is my best friend who I definitely have feelings for but try to tell myself I don't. But I do. It would be best if I forgot about her, too. But it's hard because as we are getting closer each day (as friends), my feelings for her are not fading at all, only getting even more stronger.

There are girls I see a lot on campus and even in lectures but I don't know how to approach them because I already have two people who I always sit next to. All of those girls I like are always sitting alone and it's the end of term so maybe they don't want to be approached and that's why they haven't made any friends?

One of those girls is in one of the seminars that I'm in but I already have my usual seat there so I can't just sit down next to her. Although I did that a few days ago during a lecture and kept staring at her. a lot. I've no idea if she's even gay. Probably not.

And then there is a girl I definitely know is gay because we ran into each other during a few LGBT events and I keep bumping into her at university. But she never says hi, she's older than me (a phD student who probably teaches a few classes) so I can't just say hi to her either, or at least not on campus. Maybe next time I see her at an LGBT event? (It will be really awkward though.)

Also, there are those girls I see all over campus whom I think are gay but can never be 100% sure. All I can do is stare at them and smile but should I even do that? I don't know what else I could do.

Any advice please?

2. Scarlet V

Out Status:
    Some people
    maybe speak to the girl at the LGBT event and tell her how you feel, she might now what the best way to tell the other's is (assuming that you want to tell them that is). maybe you should leave it a while and see where it takes you, i had a crush on two girls but now i don't really like one of them that much but love blinds your perception of others. my advice? i think don't tell them straight on, especially if you are unsure whether they like girls, it tends to be those who have experience that are the most accepting. i think keep it low for now until you know more, maybe talk to the girl you know likes other girls for advice in person?