1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many times do you eat fast food per week, on average?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HuskyPup, Oct 9, 2015.

?

How many times do you eat fast food per week, on average?

1. Zero

39 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. 1

31 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. 2

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. 3-4

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. 5-7

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. 8-10

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. More than 10 times a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My man. (*hug*)

My favorite drink (since I can remember) has always been H20. My favorite H20 is Icelandic glacier water, naturally has high ph content and is soooo good ice cold! I also indulge in organic fair trade teas (decaf, red, white) about once a week and do drink Gatorade (natural flavors only) during the summer during/after landscaping or playing basketball. I try to drink the baby bottles so I minimize the sugar intake. Now that I think of it, I do not use ice in my drinks, unless I need ONE cube for the Johnnie Walker Blue Label. :icon_bigg

2. RainOnVII

Zero. I don't even remember the last time I've eaten fast food.

3. Van

Van

Does Chinese food count as fast food? If so, then 4-5 times a week. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Gen

Gen

Calories, carbs, fats, sodium, and sugars alone are not truly the problem in most unhealthy diets. Its is the type of components and the additional ingredients that tend to come along with them. Chinese food is extremely high in fats, sodium, and sugars; however, the ingredients themselves tend to be less processed and include fewer greases so they pass through the system very easily. Chipotle and Subway are very similar in that regard. Subway is a health fast food option; however, it should not be eaten too frequently because of its high calorie and carb count.

Exceeding the recommended intake of the above components a couple meals out of the week is not going to have a lasting effect on our health. It is ingesting the additional chemicals that come with that Mc Donalds Big Mac will. Most nutritionists are starting to recommend staying away from calorie, carb, etc, counting and putting the focus on what other potential risks come with the meal because that is where the lasting effects, heart disease, and rise of obesity is really coming from. *Cough* Diet Coke Addicts *Cough*

~~~​

Personally, my body does not properly digest beef or pork. I have always preferred baked foods, including fries. Which raises the question if they are still technically fries if they are not fried. I rarely use condiments out of preference, but those also tend to have a higher amount of fats, corn syrup, and chemical preservatives than most assume. I don't purchase juice for my fridge, only non-dairy milk. I don't believe in buying sweets or chips at the grocery store. Stored junk food leads to eating for pleasure rather than genuine hunger. If I want something bad enough, then I can grab a serving size when I am out.

So, considering that I eat very healthily and half of my meals are vegan, I feel that I deserve the occasional soft drink or candy. (I have a thing for sour candy, which goes completely against avoiding chemicals and sweeteners, but everyone has to have at least one guilty pleasure food.)

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    0-1 times a week. I put 0 because its probably closer to that. It really depends though. I had 3 fast food meals in 2 days when I drove out to Arizona for an overnight stay. However, when things are normal, its about 0. I'd say about once every 2 weeks...

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2015 at 03:20 AM ----------

Subway is healthy? Did they finally switch to whole grain breads? I can't take anything with white bread as a serious health food.

Condiments don't have to have crappy ingredients. The ketchup I buy uses real sugar (not HFCS) and has no artificial preservatives (I think it has some vinegar?) and none of that "natural flavors" crap -- spices please.

Vegan meals tend to scare me. They always have a bunch of really odd ingredients you wouldn't normally see as food items.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Once a month, maybe twice. Almost only when I'm drunk or hungover.

8. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love fair trade teas :icon_bigg
    I used to drink a bunch of juice. Orange, apple, Capri Sun, you name it. So much sugar! I gained a bunch a weight because of the drinks I had, not the food. So I don't really drink anything, but water or milk these days. My only drink I really liked for some reason was propel water, but I don't have it much either these days. And as for Gatorade, it just depends if I'm sick of just drinking water.

9. Gen

Gen

I have never been a white bread person. Notice that i said, health fast food that still shouldn't be eaten every day. Its is healthy in the world of fast food. They also offer salads, flatbreads, soaps, etc, to the people who actually consider picking the better options. .

They don't have to have crappy ingredients, but many tend to add unnecessary sugar, fat, sodium, and preservatives to the meal. Using ketchup here and there is fine. It is the sour cream, mayonnaise, etc, addicts that don't realize how much those dollops are adding to their meal.

You definitely have to be as mindful as you would with dairy or meat products. Everything is packed with nonsense these days. What I have learned with vegan products is to stay away from the imitation foods. They usually tend to taste the worst as well.

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It should be noted that many of Chipolte's ingredients are sent to be 'processed' (for consistency, they claim) in Chicago, to the same plants used by the other major fast food chains, and then shipped to the various locations. So the 'fresh and local' image is BS. True, the food may have fewer chemicals and additives, but at the same time, it's pretty much still processed, and to me, very much tastes that way:some fake, laboratory formulated version of Tex-Mex. Plus, they use trans fats...hardly easily digestible. To me, the place is a charade; more hype and advertising than substance. That, and the place just irritates me; the ugly interiors, the noise, the uncomfortable furniture, the sharp edges, the hurried feel, the fidgety yuppies, the long lines...I'd rather go to a locally owned place, personally.

#50 HuskyPup, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  11. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never! I already could stand to lose some weight!

12. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Sunday is french fries + snacks day for me.
    Use an airfryer though, so a lot less fat than from an actual snackbar or fastfood restaurant.
    Also no sauce, only salt for the fries.

#52 Linthras, Oct 11, 2015
  13. Gen

Gen

This is true. I remember coming across a Chipotle in Las Vegas during the middle of summer with their standard "Grown locally signs". Meanwhile the city is basically experiencing a suffocating, sand storm outside. Sounded a bit suspicious is all I am saying. I will also say that I order chicken, rice, lettuce, and salsa. Nothing else. Not even cheese or beans. I am very boring. :lol:

Which is why I am definitely not pretentious when it comes to diet because the only reason why I eat the way that I do is because I prefer simplicity. Unless I am cooking for company, the meals that I eat are too basic to be all that unhealthy.

14. Ryu

Ryu

I have a fair bit of chinese takeaway for whatever reason (maybe one every other month), and fish and chips about the same amount, but I almost never go to a Macdonalds or subway or whatever. I think the last time I went to a fast food shop was at least a year ago, if not two.

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1-2 times a week. I like Checkers/Rallys, and I will sometimes eat bagged Arby's fries from the store(surprisingly good) or a pizza. My budget prevents me from eating more, otherwise I am really bad. :frowning2:

16. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once every couple weeks or so

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm like Bill Clinton, I like to eat out.

[​IMG]

#57 AwesomGaytheist, Oct 11, 2015
  18. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say around 3 times per week. I live by myself and sometimes it's easier to just go buy something from a restaurant then to cook a whole meal for myself

19. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never voluntarily eat fast food, but sometimes I'm dragged into it by fami!ly

20. Burnedcloset

5-7 honestly....I get grilled chicken from these places. No fried foods, no soft drink.

2 grilled chicken sandwiches (with double patties on one bun)
    1 unsweetened tea.

It's expensive to get these things from fast food too.. I know it's probably not the healthiest thing but...I gotta get protein somehow.