1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does battery last on a 7th generation iPod Nano?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thexboxguy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. thexboxguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi guys. In March 2019, I bought a brand new 7th generation iPod Nano and I unboxed it in February this year. I didn't unbox it at the time because I was abroad for almost a year and came back 2 months ago (in February).

On the one hand, I've noticed the battery life isn't as long as Apple states it is on their website. On the other hand, according to the specifications on the Apple website, battery life for this device is up to 30 hours of music and 3 hours of video.

Now, because I don't have any songs to play on my iPod, I use it to listen to the FM Radio. However, the device's battery life only lasts 7 hours and a half if I continuously listen to the FM Radio.

In fact, yesterday I tested it to see how long the battery would last. So I left it in my bed playing the FM Radio by itself. It started playing at 3:48 pm until it completely drained exactly at 11:12 pm.

I don't know why I'm not getting ''the 30 hr play time'' if I rarely use the screen and have bluetooth off.

To be honest, I've restored it to factory settings twice without it making any difference in battery life.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that it heats up a bit while charging. I charge it via my laptop with no wall charger.

Is that normal?

Do you think the battery needs replacing?

For those who own this iPod model: How long does your iPod's battery last?

Does it last up to 30 hours like Apple advertises?

Sorry for asking too many questions. As you can see, this is my first Apple product I ever own.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. It's not my native language, though.

#1 thexboxguy, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had one of the nanos that came with the radio at one point, and i found that the utilization of just the radio did cause a drain in the battery.
    For Active Use though, you are getting good battery life, considering you stream radio. Yes you keep the screen off. as well as bluetooth, so theres a plus.

Though the 7th gen nano is nearly 8 years old from a release(first released September 2012) standpoint, the 30 hours is more based on playing on device music even at release.