1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does an agender person identify orientation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SnixxJuice, Jul 15, 2016.

1. SnixxJuice

I've seen some people identify as gay or straight or something, but I've always thought of that as "man likes man" or "woman likes woman" and so on.. Out of general curiosity, if you don't have a gender, how do you identify orientation?

2. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not agender, so I'm probably not the best source of info about this, but here goes.

Agender people usually identify sexual orientation in the same way anybody else does.

#2 peterw78165, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's other words for liking men or liking women such as Androphilic/Androsexual (men) and Gynephilic/Gynesexual (women) without labeling themselves as a man or woman.

4. iiimee

I think most agender people identify as simply "queer" when it comes to their sexual orientation, but some will use other words to define their sexual orientation, like "lesbian" or "gay" simply to imply they're part of the LGBT+ community, or they'll use their biological sex as the indicator for what pronouns are correct for them. :/ I get what you're saying- agender people's words for their sexual orientations can get quite confusing, which is why I usually just phrase questions like "Do you like boys or girls?" when asking people about their sexual orientation, ESPECIALLY with agender people. After all, you don't need a label to answer that question. XD I personally prefer using the word "bisexual" to label my sexual orientation, but I don't correct people if they call me "pansexual" because I honestly can't tell the difference. People have tried to explain it to me again and again, but no variations people tell me make sense. :/ So yeah, I'd use "bisexual" to define me most of the time, but usually if people ask I say "I like boys AND girls, but find dating boys to be easier."

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, these. ^^

6. AlamoCity

It may be anecdotal but I've noticed that some people who consider themselves "agender" also appear to have a certain dysphoria to their birth sex, maybe not full-on transgender, but identifying with the other sex

7. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly just see it as "I am a person who likes girls/boys". Or in my case, it's "Yes but just romantically", heh.

Kinda right, kinda wrong in my case. I have dysphoria with my birth sex, yes, but I don't really identify with the other sex, you know? Essentially, I want to be completely neutral in physicality. I wouldn't be comfortable as biologically male, either. But what I want for my physical body is...not really a thing I can really do in this day and age. Or...probably ever. Oops.

I'll just keep projecting myself onto a skeleton or something in the corner, it'sfinetotallyfine

8. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm bisexual so I just say that. I think the word Skilo sexual/relationship is to describe to/two non-binaries, although some people don't like this due to the Greek word of Skilo [which I'm not sure what that is].

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, or they go by their given sex in picking the most befitting descriptor.