1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you transition?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cert, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Cert

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really have no idea what steps you are supposed to take to become a girl. I am confused about my gender, but I am almost sure that I am a female in a man's body. How does one transition?

2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Usually the first thing would be social transition: coming out to the people in your life and asking them to call you by a different name (if you decide to use one) and correct pronouns. Also you could start wearing different clothes if you want to, presenting as female, switching to the womens bathroom, etc.

Most people decide to medically transition as well, with hormones and/ or surgery, but not everyone does. How you go about doing that depends on where you live, but in most places you will have to see a mental health professional who can give you a referral to start medical transition. It's a long and often expensive process. I don't know a lot about MtF transition but there is a lot of good info on the internet.