1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you not hate straight people?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by memyself, Jun 22, 2013.

1. hoodie boy

I can't hate straight people because I used to think I was one of them. I am occasionally jealous though.

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really jealous of straight people, and I certainly don't hate them. Virtually all of my friends are straight - it isn't a conscious choice - it's just the way it turned out. I hang around with people based on common interests - sexuality is irrelevant. Some of my straight friends say things that I might consider offensive, without realising it - but it's not a malicious attempt at hurting my feelings. I simply tell them what they said isn't really appropriate, and they don't say it again. The only way people will learn is by pointing out what they're doing wrong.

#42 imnotreallysure, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  3. robotman

I know what you mean but I don't hate them for that. It just sucks that we just don't have that luxury of walking into a place and seeing potential partners everywhere.

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't hate straight people because they are living breathing human beings just as I am. I don't even *hate* homophobes although I must admit I dislike them, would not want to associate with them, and wish they would simply grow up and out of their ignorance. But hatred is like poison; it's best kept out of one's heart.

5. Twilight Song

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's certainly not true. Your perception of straight people is warped. We reflect on our lives as much as gay people do. -_-