1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Handle Loneliness?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jan 18, 2015.

1. essie

I need to spend some time alone daily, otherwise I'll just explode. I never feel lonely and enjoy the time I can spend by myself on youtube or on EC. I don't mind hanging out with my friends every once in a while though.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excessive introversion. Spending lots of time in books and fantasies. Hiking, wandering, thinking, hobbies...etc.

Would be nice to share that with others though.

3. Formality

I just try not to admit to myself that I am lonely. By not acknowledging it I don't feel as lonely and I don't have to worry about it because I just know it'll pass eventually.

4. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  5. Magnemma

Magnemma Guest

Usually when i feel lonely I think about the future, how it will be better. How soon I will be in the place where my best friends are and I won't have to relay so much on tv. Thats my escape when I feel like no one understands me, I just go on my computer and find some show I haven't watched yet. I know, I should be outside making friends. But when the people outside don't even speak the same language, The future is all you have to look forward to.

6. crazydiamond

There's always friends, Netflix, or just enjoying a book and some tea by yourself. I value my alone time, even though I do get lonely at night sometimes when there's no one to cuddle.

7. ScatteredEarth

I like to think that when I'm lonely, I can come to a place like this and know that I'm around people. Because even though some people like to say they prefer to be left alone, I would like to think that they don't prefer to sit in a room by themselves, reading a book, or playing a singleplayer game or something of similar interaction all the time.

When you play online with someone, or you post online for others to see you, even complete strangers, it's still interaction with human beings. And I think that is the thing you should take from my ramblings. Nowadays, you're never alone, especially if you've found this site.

8. White Knight

I don't feel lonely... sometimes even I find it creepy.

I think I've used to be the only one who cares about my thoughts and feelings since the childhood days so I became my best and most important friend. Also being an eternal closet case helped I guess.

You love someone but can't share, you lost someone but can't even mourn...

As a result while normal people dread to think about being alone/left alone... I am kinda looking forward to those kind of opportunities.

That of course comes with hindrances of its own... like talking to myself (probably this is why comic book thought baloons makes most sense to me), bein socially awkward sometimes, that twisted mutation of Aries/Leo makes me focus on myself/my world too much sometimes real world feels surreal.

Oh-kay I better stop before people start to think I am a complete weirdo... which I am but... you know... erm... anyway. See ya.

9. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  10. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer to be alone much of the time, so it isn't ever a problem for me. However, sometimes I do feel as if I'm being ignored, but since I'm a guy, it's my job to find company if I want it.

11. Bane

Winnipeg, Canada (aka temporary paradise)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think of healthy, positive thoughts. I read books. Anything really that can distract my head from negative thought patterns. Also, I have realized that time spent on brooding over loneliness wouldn't help me in the long run. I want to be happy and happy I will be.

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I handle loneliness by cultivating aloneness. I am not trying to distract myself to shoo away the loneliness, but I try to feel comfortable with myself and with the things I want to do.

Loneliness is primarily the consciousness of absence, the feeling of a great gaping hole at the center of our lives; cultivating aloneness fills that void and eliminates the need. With others I play roles (father, brother, lover), and being with myself is no exception, so I play the person alone, with his thoughts, his hobbies, his distractions...