1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you feel about other religions?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by meistro, Jan 20, 2017.

1. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Was just curious how my lgbt peeps feel about religious views other than your own. I was raised Christian, (southern Baptist) and we were always taught that other religions were just plain wrong and that these people denied Jesus and God.
    I'm not a Christian but I hold nothing against TRUE Christians, or any other religion that aren't hateful and disrespectful to other faiths or people. I tend to lean towards portions of the "ancient astronaut theory" myself (which is laughed at and ridiculed) but I don't care.
    I honestly, wouldn't want everyone to believe the way I do, or the world would be boring. I actually have a lot of respect for people who have TRUE devout faith in a God or gods, i'm just incapable of faith, but I truly hate what differing religious views do to the world. It is interesting how the top three (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) have affected the world so drastically over the past millennia, considering their all so similar and share so many of the same stories and all have origins in the same part of the world.
    What are your thoughts on differing religious views?