1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you describe the crushes you have had?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RD Spencer, Mar 31, 2021.

1. RD Spencer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you had a crush before?
    How did it make you feel?
    What did you like about it?
    What did you not like about it?
    How long did it last?

2. Really

I don’t really remember having crushes I knew were crushes but I do remember being fascinated by certain girls at school. I do recall talking about one a lot and then actively telling myself to stop mentioning her name. Another one was the lead in a musical theatre production I was helping with and hanging around her a lot. Not sure where people thought I was the whole time. Haha. I think I was too preoccupied to notice or care. None of these crushes lasted too long. Only while our paths crossed and they were never classmates so it wasn’t a constant thing.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    RD Spencer.....The concept of a crush pretty much escaped me until just a few years ago. I came out here on Empty Closets in 2014. After several years of learning more about myself and the LGBTQ+ Family, I realized that I did have crushes when I was younger, I just didn't realize what they were at that time. There were three boys in my high school graduating class that I had a crush on from about eighth grade until we graduated. I can still picture them in my mind as they looked then! When we had our 50th high school class reunion, it was difficult to reconcile my mental image with reality! :old_smile: Oh well!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. Loves books

I’ve had crushes, mistook them for admiration at first. I never did anything about it, I would just look at them surreptitiously if they were nearby. I loved every bit of attention I could get from them. When I look back I’m horrified at how idiotic I had been. When I was about 8 there was a girl in an older class I had a crush on. I didn’t know what a crush was or how to understand my feelings at the time. I remember talking to a friend and asking her if there was an older girl she really really wanted to be friends with because that’s the closest I could describe what I was feeling. In my teens I literally dreamed about a certain girl I only knew for a day and would never see again. I thought about that girl day and night for a few weeks. After a month or two I realised that I hadn’t thought of her for a while.

5. RD Spencer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The thing that confuses me is that I have only had crushes on the opposite sex.

My first crush took me by surprise. I just found myself feeling incredibly interested in this girl. It felt good just think about her all of the time. I have never liked anyone like that before. My feeling for her were easily a hundred times stronger than how I felt about any of my friends. I pretty much felt strongly about her until the next girl I crush on came along. Sadly I had no idea how to talk to her. I was a young teenager and didn’t know what to do or say, was way too shy as well. I did tell one of my friends and he made fun of me.

I have had a handful of strong crushes on girls, but never anything for boys.

This and that women look much more attractive are the two major things that makes me think I am straight.

Even though I can sexually be aroused thinking of either women or men.