1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kyle W, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Kyle W

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a transgender male, but no one knows except for a few friends. I'm also pansexual, but everyone but my family knows that. My parents are fine with LGBTQ+, but I'm still nervous about telling them. I drew a picture of the pan flag and trans flag together, and I was going to hide it somewhere where my parents would find it. I try to do it, but every time I think about doing it I get super nervous! I hate living as a female and I want it to stop!

2. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe just write them a letter explaining how you feel and how you identify. Then you can leave it in their room when you aren't there or even at night so they can find it and specify a time and date in the letter when you want to talk about it or anything. Sometimes writing it out can be easier than saying it to them.

sublimeprincess likes this.
  3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kyle W.....Hello and a very big welcome to empty closets! The letter idea is a very good one. Sometimes you don't even need to give them the letter...just writing it allows you to organize your thoughts. Another good idea is to think about the questions that you may be asked when you come out and prepare how to answer those questions. You will come across as more mature and thoughtful if you are prepared to explain how you feel and answer their questions! We're so glad that you have found us here on EC...keep us updated on how this works out...you are part of our LGBTQ Family and we do care!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Emmareld likes this.